Saturday, February 03, 2007

Need Sleepy Time (part I)

Researchers say that you can not 'bank' sleep to use when you need it. That sucks for the Law Dog on patrol all night. Regularly, we spar with the Z-Monster and some times he wins. I have tried to condition my self to stay awake and alert while working the graveyard. The radio helps, frequent stops to take short walks, and a cup of coffee will keep me going for 2-3 hours. One of the problems I have is that if I nod off behind the wheel I speed up. So, 'No shit there I was' driving home one early morning. The Z-Monster was giving me the beat down I was out. The squad begins to accelerate and reaches a cruising speed of 110 mph. I don't know why but that is how fast it always levels out at. Visions of Crushing Crime, free ammo, and a huge buck fill my mind. Huge buck? It is usually a fleeing suspect...That is when I see the largest damn white tail deer ever to stand in the middle of a road way. I pull on the wheel and miss the bastard by inches. Noticing that the speedo is showing 110, I throttle back and roll the window down. I am awake now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm free ammo

11:15 PM  
Blogger Pabstman said...

I hate the Z-Monster that bastard almost got me in trouble coming home from a street dance, him and a little more of another kind of stupid.

later Tbone

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home