Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Plugged

Carry ear plugs with you at all times. Nothing is worse than starting your shift and getting called to shoot a deer and then being deaf for the rest of the night. Can't hear my radio, can't talk on the cell phone and can't hear what the little old lady is saying as you take her complaint. After going a night asking everyone to repeat themselves I tossed a set in my kit. Only problem is that the kit is in the car and low and behold I found myself out in the brush next to another deer that needs the 'final solution'. So I go another shift with out the aid of my hearing. Now there is a set in my pocket and when ever I forget them I end up shooting something...

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Gregory Roberts said...

Ouch.

I carry a set of earplugs in each of my uniforms for the same reason. The only problem is you don't always have time to put them in before you have to shoot at someone...

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have no problem hearing things, haha i don't use plugs because then i really can't hear.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home